Become a drone pilot in critical environments
The course allows participants to operate drones (RPAS) in environments which are critical and hostile to people, for example to monitor fires, for traffic surveillance, to inspect infrastructure and construction work, and for search and rescue interventions.
- Valid RPA certificate (basic course)
- RPA flight experience (at least 6 hours as flight director)
12 hours of teaching including the following modules:
- Flight planning and procedures
- Safety and risk management
At the end of the theoretical part, candidates must take a multiple choice examination.
Practical Flight training
The Training Centre will test the pilot to determine the number of missions necessary in order to obtain the licence for critical operations. The duration of missions must not be lower than 6 hours.
At the end of the course, pilots will undertake a skill test with an RPA examiner as according to current law. The flight test must be representative of the scenarios and must consist of a mission lasting at least 10 minutes.
- Accademia del Volo Training Centre, located at the International Airport ‘San Francesco d’Assisi’ in Perugia
- eCampus University in Novedrate (25km from Milan)
Students of Accademia del Volo have the possibility of accommodation at affiliated hotels or residences.