Modular ATPL course (Airline pilot)
The ATPL (A) license enables the holder to operate as Pilot in Command or Co-pilot on multi-engine multi-pilot aircraft engaged in commercial air transport operations.
The course duration is approximately 18/20 months up to a maximum of 36 months; each year there are multiple intakes of the course.
- Minimum age to obtain theory license: 18 years
- First class medical suitability
- Entry test in Mathematics, Physics and English
- Good knowledge of English
- 650 hours of theory lessons including an introductory 80-hour course in Mathematics and Physics
- Guided visits to airport organisations (Control Towers, Radar Centres, CDAs), class projects, interactive videos, audio-visual presentations, libraries, lessons using computers, long briefings, etc.
It is possible to attend the course through Distance Learning (with 65 hours of compulsory classroom lesson attendance).
It is possible to attend English courses.
- Approximately 200 hours of practical flight training divided between aircraft and simulator time (see CPL/IR)
Cadets will be given the necessary training materials.
Accademia del Volo Training Centre, located at the International Airport ‘San Francesco d’Assisi’ in Perugia.
Students of Accademia del Volo have the possibility of accommodation at affiliated hotels or residences.
Theory course - ATPL distance learning (including classroom lessons): €4.500
Practical course - calculated according to the type of aircraft used.